Pangs in an author journey.

 As I embarked upon my debut attempt at writing a book,I was so excited and imbued with so much enthusiasm.But along the journey,I realise that it is not at all an easy one.

I salute all the authors out there.I had never ever understood it when many authors I know,said that each of their creations were  like delivering a baby.Being pregnant,nurturing it,dreaming about the baby,tolerating all the pangs and pains of the changing physique till on the day of the delivery when she has to be the sole bearer of all the pain.But the little face that shows up from her own body erases all the pangs of the bygone days in a second.

As I selected my topic to  begin my author journey(Healing journeys of Single moms)  I never knew I would be transformed from the empathetic but detached physician to the sympathetic extremely sensitive ordinary woman who lives the pain of each of her characters.

Even though I had journeyed through the severest of pains as a single mom,I was immensely fortunate enough to be endowed with all tools and support systems to resurrect from my own ashes.

We healers are trained to be dispassionate,unprejudiced observers of our clients,never ever entangling our emotions with theirs lest  the focus gets shifted from our role as healer,just as a surgeon needs to have full focus devoid of emotions on the body in front of him even if it is his own child ,lest his hands go awry.

But as I began my author journey with the stories of the same clients and acquaintances I have travelled with into their healings,I had to get into each of their shoes to get their stories on board.

And my goodness, gracious...I realise with a shock that I am living each of their lives in my mind before putting them on paper.I don't just know how to express what I am going through,but looking into the mirror,I see that my hairs have greyed a lot in the past months,my eyes have become puffy and I look old.I am having sleepless nights and restless days,jumbled up groups of words all playing in front of my eyes,waiting to get delivered..But many a time,by just living with their pains shuts off my brain to writing it down.

It is a journey I had never ever anticipated to be so painful.But I know in order to answer to my calling in this Universe,I have to go through it and bring out their stories for millions of others like them to get inspired and motivated to take their healing in their own hands.

I thank the Universe for making me a channel ....

And I hope,once I see my baby in a few months from now,I would hold it with tears of joy and pride...To see the product of my own blood and flesh.



Comments

  1. Dear Dr. Haseena, thank you for writing this post... It brings out the unique journey of a healer turned author come messenger to all those women who need to hear the stories that are waiting to be delivered in your head... most importantly thank you for embarking on this journey for humanity!!!!

    All the best my dear... I can already imagine the years of joy as you hold your baby in your hands at the end of all this!

    - Rajeswari Ravi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the encouragement dear Rajeswari..Really need it.

      Delete
  2. Well expressed hasi.. Sky is the limit.. Shoot... All the best dear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, feeling like you have given words to my emotions. Falling in love with you mam 🥰

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow haseena... I could totally relate to evry word of you. L the blvery best to u fr ur buk.. Rock the world to inspire many lives...

    ReplyDelete
  5. The post by you is reflection of the mind of the author. I am getting the feel that when did you have talk to me and could have penned down the feeling so nicely. You are a healer which need connectivity with the mind is greatly reflecting through the post. All the best to you for your book for being more connected to your readers

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tryst with destiny-A near death experience

Khel ke Saathi